This position will require excellent communication and critical thinking skills. The Controls Engineer will be working with many different departments and external parties to accomplish goals. They will be expected to find creative solutions to problems and issues as they arise and will be maintaining the line from an electrical standpoint including programming PLCs, vision systems, communication systems, HMIs, wiring etc. They will be responsible for troubleshooting issues that occur during production with hardware and software along with supporting continuous improvement initiatives. Support will be given to the maintenance team when needed.
To ensure success, this candidate will need to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and perform the duties in a manner that maximizes profits. Top applicants are dedicated, competent, and have strong leadership skills.
- Process Controls Management (i.e., error-proofing, vision systems, etc.)
- PLC, HMI, Vision system, Robot programming
- Assistance with Preventative Maintenance program on electrical systems
- Troubleshoot equipment and product issues related to manufacturing
- Ensures electrical equipment & components comply with local electrical codes
- Collaborates with maintenance and production teams, product engineers, suppliers, and equipment OEMs
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Participates in maintaining workplace organization
- Participates in safety validations and lockout audits
- Assist in product and/or equipment launches
- Attend OEM training as required
- Aid in software development for MES/tracking systems for the facility
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Preferred 2-4 years’ experience
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring
- Prolonged periods standing and walking around assembly floor
- Ability to read electrical prints
- Analyze plant processes, design, and implement improvements
- Experience with PLC, HMI, Vision systems, AutoCAD, and RSLogix software and systems
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment
- Program and machine troubleshooting
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Strong communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Robotic experience preferred
- Mechanical understanding of machine functionality
- $70-90,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Job Descriptions may be changed at any time to support business changes.
Viridi Parente is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Viridi Parente is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.