Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Viridi is an energy company for the 21st century and beyond. Beginning with our flagship electric construction equipment, Viridi focuses on disrupting commercial and industrial fossil fuel applications by replacing diesel and natural gas with innovative and proprietary battery packs. The result is a better product that outperforms non-renewable.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines and other equipment
- Respond to production breakdown calls
- Diagnose and repair mechanical issues on plant equipment (solenoid valves, hydraulics, conveyors, etc.)
- Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts
- Identifies root causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines or repeated issues
- Participates in start of shift meetings
- Coordinates with managers to execute regular maintenance on machines
- Collaborates with maintenance and production supervisors, manufacturing engineers, and production workers daily
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Participates in maintaining workplace organization
- Attend OEM training as required
- Attend safety training pertinent to position
- Adhere to shop accountability standards pertaining to attendance, safety, & workmanship
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Robotics (FANUC, ABB, etc.)
- Familiar with Rigging
- Ability to read pneumatic schematics
- Ability to read plant blueprints
- Works well independently and with others
- Plant-industrial Vehicle experience preferred (fork lifts, aerial lifts, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
- Vocational or community college with related coursework or equivalent experience, required
- Apprenticeship completion preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Prolonged periods standing and walking
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery
- Must be able to visually inspect machines
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to utilize maintenance related equipment (fork truck, aerial lifts, etc.)
- $25-$32/hour – based on experience and qualifications
Job Descriptions may be changed at any time to support business changes.
Viridi Parente is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Viridi Parente is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.