Viridi’s home has a long and storied history. It was designed by Albert Kahn, one of the most important industrial architects of all time, famous for his international style, and form-follows-function approach. Built in 1923 for General Motors, it was expanded to produce equipment for the military during the Second World War and again during the Korean war. In the mid-1990s, when GM floundered, American Axle acquired the facility, then shut it down in 2008 when they moved their operations to Mexico.
In 2018, the vacant facility came to life once again when it was acquired by Jon M. Williams, Chairman, and CEO of Viridi. It has been the home of Viridi ever since, and with its new expansion, it is now more ready than ever to bring world-changing manufacturing back to the East Side of Buffalo.